Happy Koala SEO Agency Birmingham
Happy Koala is a Birmingham SEO Agency with a difference.
We specialise in ranking local businesses at the top of Google.
We use a digital strategy which includes organic SEO, blogger outreach and technical search optimisation tactics.
The Happiest SEO Company in Birmingham
We are different because we listen and because we limit the number of clients we work with.
This keeps the quality high and the results consistent and this makes us happy.
Our goal is to make you a Happy Koala.
A happy koala climbs to the top of the tree and eats the juiciest Eucalyptus leaves.
We will help you climb up the Google Tree.
You will get the juiciest customers at the top of the tree – who are ready to buy.
That’s the Happy Koala SEO agency marketing strategy.
We are not your typical digital marketing agency.
What Is SEO?
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is creating a website that Google likes and people like.
When you do things that Google likes and the people visiting your website like, your site will climb up the search engine results.
Then when your website gets to the top it will stay there for a long time.
You will get more people visiting your website, and they will be
high quality customers ready to buy because you rank for the right search terms.
About 85% of all clicks go to a search result or a Google Map listing.
Only around 15% of people click on a Google Ads listing.
Most searchers visit a website on the first page and most people click on a Top 3 result.
The websites in the top 3 Google results gets the lions share of customers.
We Use The Same SEO Strategies On Our Website
“Local SEO Agency Birmingham” Ranking Chart
This brand new website got up to 5th position within a couple of months for the search term Local SEO agency Birmingham.
This ranking chart perfectly shows what we call “The Google Dance”. Google likes to jump you up to higher position then drop you back down.
Then it generally slowly moves you up over time, which you can see it bouncing back to the first page a few times.
Google is doing small tests to see how people react to your website.
It is Google’s – ‘Getting to know you phase’.
But notice how it stayed for longer in the high position compared to the previous time.
Also when the website dropped from 6th position it is now ranking higher than it was before it got boosted.
This is good news because it means Google likes the website a little bit more, and over time this trend will continue.
“SEO Consultant Birmingham” Ranking Chart
This is one of the harder and more lucrative keywords and it has more searches per month.
You can see the steady trend upwards, this graph is less jumpy than the previous one because of it being a harder keyword with more competition.
But you can still see a mini version of the Google Dance.
Where it boosts the website up and then drops it back down but in a better position than it was previously.
We did this by having good content on our website, our content analyser rates it 90.
You can see the content scores for the top 10 results in the image below.
As you can see good content has a higher chance of ranking because there are very few websites with low-quality content in the top 10 results.
There are many other factors other than good content, which is why you see some websites ranking in the top 10 with lower quality content.
We also created good backlinks from high quality websites and built out our social profiles and our blog websites – plus a few secret tricks we have.
A constant and steady increase is the best way to have long term rankings in Google because the foundations of your website will be strong.
“We guarantee to improve your rankings within 3 months for the search terms that matter to your business. We are so confident that we have a 100% money back guarantee if we don’t improve your rankings within 3 months”.Matt Hale – Happy Koala CEO
Our Search Engine Optimisation Services
Onpage optimisation is what we do on your website to help you rank higher in Google search results.
This means improving your website and content to help it rank higher and make the user experience better. It is also fixing all the technical issues on your website that you are getting penalised for.
Some of the things we do include –
- Technical Auditing – We will take a look at your website using our tools and our SEO wisdom to find all the issues your website is having. Then we will create a strategy on what needs to be done to get your website in fighting shape and ready to climb the Google tree.
- Keyword Research – We find all the best search terms to rank for in the search engines, we call these keywords. We use Keyword Analysing tools to find out statistics on the amount of searches, the value of the keywords and to understand the intent and users expectations from their search.
- Onsite Optimisation – We will take our audit and fix all the issues we find on your website. This includes things like improving your website page speed, improving your page descriptions, optimising images and more technical issues that we don’t want to bore you with.
- User Experience – We will watch what your customers do by recording them when they use your website. This will give us clues on how the flow of your website can be improved. This helps with ranking on Google because people spend more time on your website. Also for sales because the longer a person is on your website the more likely they are to purchase.
- Content Optimisation – We will take a look at the pages that get the most people visiting, and we will improve the content on those pages. This will help those pages rank higher in the search engines and also improve the user experience of the people that visit.
- Conversion Rate Optimisation – We take a look at your website to see how we can improve it from a user perspective. This includes watching people use your website to see what they are doing. A higher conversion rate means more sales for your business.
- Mobile SEO – More people search on their phones than on a PC. So it is important to make your website works well and loads fast on mobiles. Think of the person at the bus stop on the 4G, they need to have a good experience on your website.
- Website Design – Our main focus is search engine optimisation and ranking your website at the top of Google. So we will do our best with the website you have, with some small design tweaks here and there. But in the long run, you need to have a great looking website that deserves the number 1 position in the search engines.
Off page optimisation SEO refers to activities carried outside of a website to improve organic visibility.
This is often referred to as link building, which aims to increase the number of reputable links from other websites, as search engines use them for scoring as a vote of trust.
Links from websites and pages with more trust, popularity and relevancy will pass more value to another website, than an unknown, poor website that isn’t trusted by the search engines.
So the quality of a link is the most important signal.
Some of the typical activities include –
- Content Marketing – Content marketing is about getting links to your site from high quality websites in your niche because you have a great piece of content. So creating amazing content will help get links to your site. This might include a how to guide, a story, an infographic or an in-depth article written with expertise.
- Digital Press Releases – Press Releases are a great way to get news out about your business. We recommend doing a press release at least once per month. The reason is because this is what a successful company would be doing, so doing the same makes Google think you are a bigger company. So it will help you rank higher in the search results.
- Outreach & Promotion – We will find websites in your niche that we can get an article wrote with a link back to your website. This will get you good links to your website which helps you rank in Google, and you may also get some people visit your website looking for your service.
- Competition Analysis – The websites that are ranking at the top of Google are what it thinks are the best websites for that search term. So we will analyse these websites and find out all the things they are doing right and add that into our strategy.
- Link Building – We build for the long term so we like to build fewer but higher quality links. We have connections to many high quality websites we can link build to your website to help it rank higher in the search engines.
- Directory Listings – We will add you to all the top directory websites including general directories, niche directories and local directories. This helps rank you in the search results but also it helps your Google Maps listing rank higher.
- Google My Business Optimisation – We will make sure that your Google My Business is set up correctly and fully. This will help you rank higher in Google Maps and Google will like your more.
- Youtube SEO – We will make sure that your Youtube videos and your Youtube channel are optimised in the right way. This will help your videos to rank higher on Youtube. But mainly it is to help your website rank higher in Google.
- Social Media Marketing – Our focus when it comes to social media is that you have some content on your social media pages like Facebook and Twitter. This is because your customers may go to your social media pages so it is good to have some relevant content on there.
- Retargeting – Retargeting is showing an advert to someone on other websites that they visit after they have been to your website. So when they are on their favourite website that they know, like and trust – they will see your advert.
As you can see our marketing agency focus only on SEO, but there is a whole spectrum underneath that umbrella.
Everything all links together and is important for your overall reputation management in your digital marketing and search engine strategy.
Whether we are optimising your websites content, link building to your site or improving your conversion rate, you can be sure of one thing…
Our SEO strategies will transform your overall digital marketing strategy.
Dominate The Google Search Results
We have a small client base on purpose because we like to concentrate and focus on each individual customer.
This allows us to dig deeper and find opportunities for your website to rank higher in Google that other agencies may not have found.
Our SEO experts will set up your SEO campaign, look after link building and optimise your content for users and for Google.
Our content marketing team will create articles for your website and for guest posts on authority websites.
Our web designers will find ways to increase your conversion rate on your web pages with their creative digital design skills.
Our social media marketing team will sprinkle their magic on your main social media pages.
There is a catch though.
Each month we will spend more time than most digital marketing agencies working on your website and ranking you on Google.
So we like to work with clients that come into this partnership with a long term relationship approach because we put a lot of work into your success.
We are Birmingham based SEO experts, so we know we can get you results – and we guarantee we will rank you higher on Google for search terms that bring you more customers.
Our goal is your business growth with Google organic traffic by using our tried and true SEO campaign strategies on your website.
Fun and Playful Birmingham SEO Agency
We really enjoy seeing the rankings of clients improve and seeing the difference it makes in their business.
We like to have fun while we do it, but most of all we love seeing our clients websites at the top of the search results and knowing they are as happy as this Koala bear.
We mostly stick to local SEO because when our digital marketing efforts pay off, it means it has a big impact on a local Birmingham business.
We are not like most SEO companies who have a big sales team and churn through customers like it’s going out of fashion.
But we will push you to be bigger, bolder and become a company that deserves the number 1 spot on Google.
In the end, we want to see more people doing business with you and we want to see your conversion rate increase so you can get an excellent return on your investment with us.
We like to think we are one of the top SEO agencies in the UK.
Our local SEO strategies are unique to our digital agency.
We are the Birmingham SEO agency with the some of the best SEO strategies to get you more customers through Google.
So lets start the climb to the top of the Google tree.
In case you get confused by any of the search engine marketing technobabble Click Here to take a look at our SEO Glossary.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below is a list of the most common questions we get.
Organic SEO is getting your website to the top of Google either in the Maps or at the top of search results.
This means you will then get free traffic coming to your website every month.
Google Adwords can be expensive and only around 10% of people click on them, the other 90% click on an organic search result, so it is good to be there.
There is a lot of work involved in doing SEO right, so we start our packages at £1000 per month.
However, at this price, it will take a lot longer to rank at the top of Google.
For most businesses, we recommend our £1500 per month package as it has the best value.
If you are in a difficult niche like lawyers then you really need to go for the £3000 or £5000 package because the competition is very strong.
There are cheaper SEO solutions than ours, but we use all the best tools ensuring your website moves to the top of Google and stays there when we do.
Our SEO techniques require the best tools for the job and as you can imagine they are not cheap.
So you may think you are getting a good price somewhere else but it will take longer so it will be more expensive in the long run.
Yes, we will because we will do extensive keyword research so we can find the best search terms to rank in Google for.
We will look at what search terms your competition is getting the most traffic for because our goal is to find and copy the success formula.
We only do safe and secure link building because we want our results to last. We look for high powered websites that are in your niche.
The link building we do may take a little bit longer nowadays because Google is taking longer to pass the value of those links on to your website. What matters is consistency and stacking good links on top of good links.
The minimum time frame you should be looking at is 6 months.
This is for websites that are already up and running and in uncompetitive niches.
If you are in a competitive market then you could be looking at 12 to 18 months.
On average 6 to 12 months is a good rule of thumb to get to the top of Google with our search marketing SEO strategies.
We do this in a few ways. We look at what your customers are searching for in Google to see which web pages are getting the most traffic.
Then our web designers will optimise those pages with great content marketing and top technical SEO.
A higher conversion rate means mores customers for your business and higher long term business growth.
If you are a local business we can get you in the top 3 of Google Maps.
It does depend on the competition as to how long it will take to get there, but with consistent effort, we can get you there.
We are constantly checking for the latest Google algorithm updates because they can change at a moments notice.
We use scientific testing methods, so we know exactly what has changed in the latest update so we can adjust your websites content accordingly.
Then we can make those changes with onpage optimisation ensuring your website is consistently high in the organic search results.
Youtube is a different beast to Google, it uses metrics like time watched and the amount of real views a video gets.
So we can optimise your Youtube videos with the best SEO practices, and we can send backlinks to your videos but some of the ranking factors are out of our control.
That being said we can help rank your video on Youtube search for easier keyword terms - for example, we rank number 2 in Youtube for "SEO Consultant Birmingham".
This is because backlinks and a small number of views are usually enough to get you to the top. But most people when looking for our services won't be going to Youtube, but we created that video to help our website rank higher.
Our philosophy is Youtube supports the search engine optimisation process by forming a brand around your website that is visible on the main places where people visit.
In some cases depending on the search term in Google, we can also rank videos in the search results.
This does depend on whether Google wants to show videos for certain search terms. But if they do show videos then we can most likely get you in those results eventually.
We focus on being a great search marketing agency first.
When it comes to social media profiles our goal is for you to have good content wherever your customers find you on the internet.
The reason is because Google likes brands, so a normal brand would be in all the normal places across social media.
People will find you through your social media pages, so we make sure there is good relevant content when they get to your page.
If you are looking for a social media agency to bring you leads, then we have partners we can recommend you to who specialises in social media marketing.
To begin with, we will work with the website you already have. We will optimise that website so it starts climbing up the search results. Then we can start looking at whether you need a new website or not.
Sometimes it is the best path forward because it is very important to have a great website.
When we rank you at the top of search results and send people to your website, a great website will convert more people into customers.
Our web developers will work hard to get your site looking and feeling how you want it.
We are Birmingham based which is why we only take on clients who are looking for SEO consultancies in Birmingham.
This is because when we do keyword research, the onpage optimisation, the website design and just the general marketing strategy, we like to have the option to come and talk to you face to face.
We have an SEO training course in the works, but we have been so busy with companies in Birmingham we haven’t had time to get it finished.
If you are looking to do it yourself, we have some guides you can follow.
We can also give you a website audit which will include a step by step plan on what we would do to rank in Google organic search.
Simply send us a message for details.